Manuscript Edits and Critiques
Are you tired of submitting manuscripts and receiving only rejections? Or are you self-publishing a book and need a final edit to make sure that your book is the best it can be?
As a published writer and former magazine editor, I can help you polish your manuscript. Services include:
- A line by line edit for spelling, grammar, punctuation, and sentence structure
- Comments on common pitfalls and vital elements like plot, characterization, dialogue, conflict, and point of view
- For nonfiction writers, comments on how to convey information successfully for young readers, how to follow series guidelines, and how to adhere to specific reading levels
- A detailed editor letter that points out strengths, what needs work, and how to revise and improve your manuscipt
- $75 for manuscripts, fiction or nonfiction, under 1,000 words (including one revision)
- $35 for fiction or nonfiction magazine articles of 800 words or less
- $20 per hour for longer works, such as chapter books
Why choose me?
I have published 150 books and over 500 magazine articles with many different publishers. I am also the former editor of AppleSeeds magazine for children, as well as a former instructor for the Institute of Children’s Literature’s courses on writing magazine articles and books for young readers.
Intrigued? Ready to move forward with your book or article? Have questions? Then send me a message through my contact page, and let’s get started!